American Hazelnut Truffles
Modified from original recipe from La Tourangelle
- 1 cup American hazelnuts
- 1 cup AHC hazelnut flour
- 1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 5 Tbsp Hazelnut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt
- Optional toppings: crushed freeze dried raspberries, pistachios, rose petals, flaky salt, dark chocolate, cacao powder, coconut dust, toasted coconut flakes, bee pollen
- Throw the hazelnuts into a Vitamix, blender, or food processor. Pulse on medium speed about five times to chop them roughly. Remove about 1/4 of them and set aside. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse on medium another five times to bring it all together, using the tamper to help if using a Vitamix or blender, and then blend on high, mixing well with the tamper as you blend, briefly until combined. I usually turn it off to give the blender a rest, and then give it one more good go. Having a few hazelnut chunks is normal (and yummy!).
- Scrape into a bowl and chill for about 30 minutes before forming into balls. Using your hands, form into balls. I used heaping tablespoon sized portions.
- To finish, sprinkle with the remaining chopped hazelnuts .
- Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.